Franklin. His life story is very inspirational to say the least.
We can do that by taking small steps, one step at a time. If every day is good, then our life is automatically good.I do quite a few things to try to keep myself positive all the time. Some of them work, some do not, but I keep trying all the same. Here are my seven ways to make your day good.
- Wake up early everyday and enjoy the peace and silence.
Meditate in silence and serenity. Silence has a sound of its own and the Sound of Silence is very powerful and inspirational.
- Read a good book or an inspirational quote first thing in the morning. I read:
- Do not read newspapers in the mornings. Newspapers carry negative news, and will spoil your mood and day. I prefer reading the newspapers in the evening after my day job.
- During work, take a break once in a while and go for a walk. Walking briskly releases chemicals in the brain which makes one happier.
- Have light food like sprouts for brunch if you are hungry. Avoid oily food for lunch. I have mixed masala sprouts around 11:00 AM every morning. Do have your lunch on time.
- When you chat with your friends, make it a point NOT to discuss your work. Discuss anything else. Taking short breaks during work is also recommended for good health.
- Put inspirational quotes stickers on your desk, near your bed, on the fridge and any other place, to remind you to remain positive. At my office desk, I have a sticker with an inspirational quote from Swami Vivekananda, “Arise, awake, and stop not till the goal is reached.”
With these small simple steps one can have a good day. Small steps can lead to a sea change.
You may also like: