How long should a blog post be is a question for which each person seems to give a different answer. No two answers seem to be the same.
In this post, I asking you the reader, how long do you think should a blog post be based on your experience and knowledge?
Please share your answer by commenting, and also share link / links to some of your longer posts. Also if you have any other observations feel free to share and comment.
Coming back to the topic, I did some research on the Internet and found wildly varying answers. I am presenting some of the more authoritative one’s below.
#1 As per Quicksprout
Neil Patel is an authority on SEO and in this 2014 article called “How Long Should Each Blog Post Be? A Data Driven Answer“, he says the following.
- Longer posts usually perform better on every level.
- If you’re looking for numbers, a post that is above 1,500 words seems to be in the zone of ideal length.
#2 As per Thewritepractice
Joe Bunting in his piece “How Long Should Your Blog Post Be? A Writer’s Guide” says that there are 3 Perfect Lengths for Blog Posts.
- For more comments, write short, discussion-based posts no longer than 275 words long.
- For more social media shares, aim for medium length blog posts between 600 to 1,250 words.
- For more traffic from Google, Write longer, heavily researched posts 2,450 words long.
#3 As per John Rampton for Forbes
As per this article in Forbes how long should my blog post be
- 200 words post is perfectly acceptable if the blog has been created to sell a product of service.
- 1000+ words or more post is good for SEO.
- 2000+ words are more likely to get to top 10 of google.
What do you think? What should be the ideal length of a blog post?
Do share your comments below or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not forget to share a link(s) to your more longer posts.
It will be interesting to see what kind off answer we can come up with.
— END —
That’s it. Hope you enjoyed reading this article.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- 5 Ways to Improve Alexa Ranking
- 5 Onpage SEO Factors
- 5 On Page SEO optimization techniques
- 3 Advanced On Page SEO Factors
Featured Image Courtesy: blog.openhelix
Thank you for reading “How long should a blog post be?”. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave your comments in the comment box below and do share with your friends and family.