So how does one detox quickly? How can one quickly get rid of impurities? The best solution would obviously be to stop smoking, avoid drinking alcohol, and to avoid oily and spicy foods. But the deed has been done, so to speak.
To counter that we can follow a quick two step process.
1. Do breathing exercise or Pranayama
In Indian tradition, pranayama is an extension of the life force by various breating exercises. It calms the mind, relaxes the lung and allows oxygen to flow through our body.
– The simplest way is to sit in a relaxed posture, close your eyes and breathe in and breathe out very slowly. Do this for 10 to 15 minutes. You will feel the difference.
– An advanced option is to breathe in slowly through one nostril and breathe out through the other, and then reverse the same
This will help calm the mind as well as rejuvenate the heart and lungs.
2. Have Green Tea
Some of the benfits of green tea are:
– Anti-oxidants help reduce fat through increased metabolic rate
– Better immunity to cold and coughs
Some people don’t like the taste of green tea – neither did I when I started. I experimented with long leaf, ginger mint and lemon, lemon and honey, aloevera, lemon grass, moroccan mint before finally settling for Golden Tips Green Tea
, which I have with a pinch of honey.
Have some 2-3 cups during the day.
Pranayama and Gree Tea should hopefully get one going for the day.