There are various ways one can enjoy bread.
But one thing I have noticed among Indians is that they generally do not prefer bread for breakfast.
To them bread is generaly associated with sickness – when one is sick one has bread. And if your mum or wife really loved you, she would make you parathas or idly or roti and not give you bread.
I on the other hand, am a voracious bread eater. I have toasted bread and assorted spreads in the morning, and if given a chance I’ll have bread for all my meals.
That being said, let me present you some options which will make bread taste really nice.
- Always have toasted or grilled bread even if it sandwhich that you are having. Untoasted bread only makes sense if you buy really good quality (expensive) loaves from good bakeries (costing Rs 100/- and above)
- Add butter immediately after the toasting is done. This causes the butter to melt and gives the bread an awesome taste. I have add different kinds of butter, salted, non-salted, low-fat etc – but nothing
beats Amul Butter.
- If you don’t like butter, you can use jams/ marmalede. Two of my personal favorites are 24 Mantra Organic Mixed Fruit Jam and Hero Blackcherry Jam and I frequently use them together on each half of the toast.
- Peanut butter is another great option. In fact I sometimes just have peanut butter (like Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black). My preference is American Garden Peanut Butter.
- Can anything beat a choco spread? Apply a thick layer to your bread and enjoy. I quite like Pillsbury Choco Spread, because of its liquid texture and its Cadbury like taste.
- Don’t every put ghee (clarified butter) to bread. Ghee goes with almost every thing except bread (and wine, scotch, pasta, chips and most other things)
- Always have your bread fresh and as soon as possible and defnitely before expiry date (applies to all food items).
Do let me know if you have any tips.
Image Source: https://pixabay.com/p-257148/