– Chana or Bengal Gram is a high source of protein, especially useful for vegetarian people
– Kabuli Chana or Garbanzo Beans, apart from being a source of protein, have anti-oxidants which can reduce chances of cancer
– Masoor dal red lentils is especially helpful for those suffering diseases due to impure blood.
– Toor dal or Arhar dal or Split Pigeon pea can cure poisoning effect, gas troubles, acidity and piles
The health benefits of pulses are immense.
Unfortunately the benefits are destroyed to a great degree because of harmful agricultural practices. Organic pulses on the other hand not only retain the original benefits of pulses but also remove the harmful side-efects of agricultural practices.
1. Organic pulses have significantly lower levels of harmful fertilizers
2. Pesticides are not used in Organic pulses – hence they are free from harmful side efects of pesticides. Most pesticides are non-biodegradable – hence they stay in the body and cause toxicity to build up
3. Typically, no insectcides are used in organic farms – hence we do not have to worry about their ill-effects
4. Normal preservatives, which may contain string chemicals, are not used in organic pulses
Thus organic pulses are not only safer but also healthier.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), in a study, found that eating organic foods provided children with huge protection from exposure to two very harmful organophosphate pesticides that cause long term damages to human body.