In this post I will share 15 Amazing Facts about slimming green tea.
Green Tea is tea that is light in color and made from leaves that have not been oxidized before drying. As per Wikipedia, green tea is made from Camellia sinensis leaves that have not undergone the same withering and oxidation applied when processing Camellia sinensis into oolong tea and black tea.
Drinking green tea everyday has a lot of benefits. While the taste of green tea sucks, it is good for health – that we all know. But what most people don’t know is that green tea may also be conducive to slimming when combined with other healthy habits.
Please note that drinking 10 cups of green tea alone will not make you lose weight – but if you regularly have it and follow certain practices, you will definitely see some good results.
Slimming green tea is a type of slimming tea. The other types of tea’s are:
- Chinese slimming tea
- herbal slimming tea
- wu long slimming tea
Facts about Slimming Green Tea
- Green tea contains caffeine – but in much milder dose than coffee. Caffeine has been shown to help in burning fat (1) (2)
- Green tea has a useful substance called anti-oxidants of type catechins like ECGC (Epigallocatechin gallate) which boost metabolism. (3)
- ECGC in green tea inhibits an enzyme which causes a hormone norepinephrine to increase which in turn cases more fat cells to break down. (4) (5)
- Catechins in green tea increase body temperature which in turn helps one burn more calories. (11)
Caffeine and ECGC together have a synergistsic effect in breaking down of fat. (6)
- For those who exercise regularly, burning of fat increases upto 17% when people regularly take slimming green tea extract. (7)
- Green tea can boost metabolic rate by upto 4% which in turn helps in burning more calories and weight loss. (8)
- The most harmful type of fat in our body is belly fat (visceral fat). Green tea helps in breaking down the harmful stomach fat. (9)
- Tulsi green tea is the healthiest slimming green tea option as it has a lot of anti-oxidants. And additionally the Tulsi also helps in prevent cough and cold infections. (10)
- Among green tea varieties, Match green tea is supposed to be the most effective weight loss variety. (14)
- One should drink 2-3 cups of green tea everyday to reach the desired level of caffeine and catechins which will cause weight loss. (12)
- Green tea in combination with honey or sweetener does not help in slimming because of extra calories. (11)
- One can drink green tea directly or use green tea supplements. (13)
- You don’t have to drink too much green tea to lose weight – 2.5 cups approximately per day should be sufficient.(14)
- Green tea because of caffeine may cause dehydration, hence one should drink plenty of water, when one is on a green tea weight loss program. (13)
- Some experts advise that whenever you have a craving for something sweet or unhealthy, you should instead have a little bit of green tea. This will temporarily curb your hunger, and indirectly assist in maintaining your weight.(15)
As we can see, green tea helps in weight management in a number of direct and indirect ways. But as I have mentioned earlier, green tea alone is not a solution to weight gain problem. With a bad lifestyle, no amount of green tea will help. In fact too much of green tea is actually bad, so one should have it in moderation. However for someone who has a health lifestyle and consumes green tea regularly, weight control and weight loss can be achieved easily.
You may also like
- Why you should walk
- Health Benefits of Walking
- Key Organic Farming Principles and Practices You Should Know
- Sprouts Wiki and Guide
- Green Tea Memory Benefits
- University of Maryland Medical Center Study, quoted in (11)
Thank you for reading “15 Amazing Facts about Slimming Green Tea”. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave your comments in the comment box below and do share with your friends and family.